Fast Ethernet Single Mode Media Converter10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC) Single-Mode, 20 km (12.4 mi)
- The Intellinet Fast Ethernet Single Mode Media Converter was specifically designed to offer the network designer a device for migration from copper-based Ethernet to Fiber Ethernet. Now migration or expansion of existing networks can be achieved with minimum cost and complexity. The converter is completely transparent to the network so the network performs exactly the way it did before — only now it can support both copper and fiber mediums.
Expands the Size of an Existing Network
Provides fiber connectivity to Ethernet segments, allowing for even further networking expansion between extended workgroups. Also provides building-to-building connectivity without the need for the cost and disruption associated with the installation of additional routers.
Enhances the Distance between Networking Devices
Connecting the converter to fiber segments can further extend distances between networking nodes. This can be achieved by direct connection between the converter and a fiber-based node or networking device.
Network managers can install fiber cabling anywhere within a network without changing the arrangement of copper-based Ethernet. The compact size of the converter allows it to be easily deployed in any narrow desktop location, and up to 14 media converters can be simultaneously installed into a 19" rack-mountable chassis (model 507356).
- Fiber SC single-mode port connects over distances of up to 20 km (12.4 miles)
- Data transfer rate: 100 Mbps
- 10/100Base-TX RJ45 port, maximum distance 100 m / 300 ft.
- RJ45 port with Auto MDI/MDI-X support and auto-negotiation
- 100Base-FX single-mode Fiber SC duplex port
- Wavelength: 1310 nm
- Status LEDs for power and Link/TX for both ports
- External power adapter, 5 VDC
- Functions as a stand-alone converter or can be used with the 14-slot media converter chassis, model 507356
- Three-Year Warranty
- IEEE 802.3 (Twisted Pair Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3u (Twisted Pair / Fiber Optic Fast Ethernet) General
- Media support: - 100Base-TX Cat5 or higher UTP/STP RJ45, EIA/TIA 568 - 100Base-FX single-mode 8.3/125 µm or 8/125 µm or 10/125 µm
- Connectors: - RJ45 port, 100Base-TX - Fiber SC duplex port, 100Base-FX
- Distances: - 20 km / 12.4 mi. (fiber cable) - 100 m / 300 ft. (RJ45 cable)
- Wavelength: 1310 nm
- Power output: -15 to -3 dBm
- RX sensitivity: ≤-32 dBm
- Signal loss: 0.3 dB/km
- MTBF > 100,000 hours
- Certifications: FCC Class B, CE LEDs
- 100 Mbps link speed indicator for RJ45 port
- Link indicator for fiber port Power
- External power adapter, 5 VDC, 1 A
- Power consumption: 5 watts (maximum) Environmental
- Metal housing
- Dimensions: 105 (L) x 70 (W) x 26 (H) mm (4.1 x 2.8 x 1.0 in.)
- Weight: 0.18 kg (0.4 lbs.)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50°C (32 – 122°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 – 90% RH, non-condensing
- Storage temperature: -45 – 70°C (-49 – 158°F) Package Contents
- Fast Ethernet Single Mode Media Converter
- External power adapter